The candidate must have 10 years Business Analyst experience, OR 8 years Business Analyst experience and an Associate’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field, OR 6 years Business Analyst experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical.
A Business Analyst (BA) performs detailed analysis of business process and provides an interface between traditional logistical support organizations and functional requirement definitions. A BA must have organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills; possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; interact at all levels in the chain of command; work independently with minimal supervision; work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment; possess the ability to work well under pressure and around tight deadlines. A BA must have a wide range of knowledge in all areas of logistics in the customer business area. BA responsibilities for data life-cycle control includes: defining data goals, objectives, strategies and standards for data cleansing/validation/accuracy administration, exercising oversight of legacy data cleansing, analysis, harmonization and staging to support the ERP environment and prioritizes associated tasks. Develop the technical solutions to support identified metrics, monitoring ERP/LMP data quality and availability through the use of metrics and audits, compiling and maintaining a catalog with discovery level metadata using a standard metadata template that provides information about implementing ERP data security. A BA performs technical analysis by assessing the areas of impact of data integrity issues from DOD to user level within the Enterprise; establishes Integrated Project Team (IPT) management plans.
- A BA must have a wide range of knowledge in all areas of logistics in the customer business area.
- A BA must develop Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA) Enterprise Data Management Office (EDMO) guidance for initiating and realizing a program that validates the accuracy (cleanliness) of data prior to migration.
- BA responsibilities for LOGSA EDMO data cleansing/validation processes include: defining data goals, objectives, strategies and standards for conversion reports, exercising oversight of legacy data cleansing, analysis and harmonization.
- A BA will be capable of defining a business process, defining the flow of the data from one stakeholder to another and delivering the customers the tools needed to continuously improve the cleanliness of data to ensure a successful conversion.
- The BA should have a working knowledge of logistics management principles, concepts, policies, regulations, military support programs and a thorough understanding of Life Cycle Support requirements.
- The BA will have familiarity with business process modeling and hands on functional testing.
- A BA conducts a series of phase reviews with the customer to determine the cleanliness of data at a given point in time, always with a goal of minimizing data anomalies at time of conversion.
- Multi-disciplined in any of the following Standard Army Management Information Systems and Enterprise-level Programs is a plus: AESIP, GCSS-Army, LMP, GFEBS, SARSS, SAMS-E, PBUS-E, ULLS A (E).
- Maintain skill sets in the hardware/software being used to accomplish customer tasks
- Employment of centralized data management for cleansing, validation, analysis, and migration.
- Utilization of metrics to measure performance and progress
- Maintain an awareness of trends that may either positively or negatively affect the customer
- Exhibit a wide range of technical knowledge including database, application development, project management, scheduling, etc.
- Must have functional working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Army Logistics Workshops/IPTs in support of various pre-migration activities (as required based on assigned projects and customer related tasks)
- Information Assurance and other DOD requirements
- Technology Conferences
- Functional conferences/forums designed to promote customer capability
- Travel may be required, not expected to exceed 10%
- A BA 2 works under the direction of management and team leads.
- A BA 2 will be intimately familiar with a business process and partner closely with a customer lead and the user community.
- A BA 2 may lead some smaller analysis efforts but generally takes direction from a more senior level.
- A BA 2 will perform the same activities as a BA 1 but also be able to more rapidly obtain an in-depth knowledge of customer hardware, software products and/or business procedures and have a broader experience and knowledge base. Some additional activities a BA 2 may perform are:
- Documenting information on the quantity, condition, location, and ownership of material in use, in storage, in process, and in transit logistics planning and execution processes.
- Identify and document the detail customer process requirements, hardware, software, physical, and support requirements necessary to establish the baseline for identifying functional and technical process improvements across the project.
- Analyze problems and provide a written report to the customer with a recommended course of action.
- Benchmark existing business processes
- Begin with a simple streamlined process, assuming no administrative, organizational or system barriers activities are initiated and develop a detailed analysis
- Design the conversion of an existing database configuration into a relational database environment, apply standard principles, theories, and concepts to solve problems of moderate or diverse scope.
Other Essential Functions:
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country. Please note: relinquishing citizenship does not guarantee the approval of security clearance
To apply for this job email your details to LLarkin@caelum.com