Position/Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Senior Vice President
Work Location: Rockville, MD
Position Summary: Coordinates general administrative activities for Caelum HQ Office. Also, responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing requests and facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and communications in professional manner.
- Planning events such as scheduling appointments for executives, planning corporate parties, luncheons, etc.
- Maintains the office areas and equipment, as well as the layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Supervises and maintains office equipment, including copier, postage and fax machines, etc.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies, furniture, and equipment, etc., for the HQ and field staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budget.
- Coordinates and makes travel arrangements for corporate personnel.
- Responsible for the facilities’ day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
- Participates (as needed) in special department projects.
- Reconciles and prepares monthly reports, purchase order (PO) reports, establishes and maintains adequate office supplies, purchases and coordinates product deliveries, assists in receiving inspection of purchased items, creates open market purchases, maintains logs and files for purchases, coordinates availability/substitution of orders with appropriate parties.
- Other responsibilities include documentation of purchase system deficiencies, training and coordinating with field managers on any purchasing policies and procedures.
- Coordinating communication (including sending packages) between HQ and field locations.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office applications to include SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS.
- Ability to negotiate office supplies and travel purchases effectively.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to approximately 15 lbs.
- At least high School Diploma and additional education or training desirable.
- Two years of experience in office administration is desirable.
- Experience in ISO quality systems a plus.
Compensation and Other Financial Consideration at Hire:
- Base salary or hourly rate is depending on background and experience of successful candidate.
- This position is an incentive-oriented position; in addition to base salary and comprehensive fringe benefits, this position will be eligible for additional incentive compensations directly related to candidate’s job performance.
Please submit questions and resumes to: Careers-HQ@Caelum.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Caelum is an Equal Opportunity Employer – does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, political preference or disability in employment or the provision of service.
The preceding job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers-HQ@caelum.com