POSITION: Application Developer
LOCATION: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
SCOPE: Serves as an Application Developer on a major IT support contract for the Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) at the Aberdeen Test Center (ATC).
- Software development programming in C#, Microsoft .Net, .NET Framework, Visual Basic.net, SQL, XML, VBA for Office Applications
- Work with a development team to complete software development life cycle activities, including requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Work in accordance with approved life cycle methodologies and perform program coding and testing.
- Support the team in resolving technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Provide software and systems installation, testing, and integration services and develop supporting documentation. Apply technical knowledge to support all phases of applications programming.
- Independently developing medium scale, complex software programs and mentoring other software team members
- Creating and maintaining deliverables for software releases and overseeing schedules and communication with program management and subject matter experts
- Technical expert on design and architecture of software modules and applications by applying principles of software design through patterns and secure coding
- Associate’s Degree and 9 years’ experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years’ experience; or combination of 11 years work and training which may include education/specialized training/certifications and/or experience.
- Experience in developing and/or deploying Web applications
- Experience with multiple operating systems
- Prefer specialized experience as a BI (Business Intelligence) Engineer/Developer with one or more industry standard and emerging BI platforms (PowerBI, Qlik, etc)
- Prefer specialized experience with SPFx as a SharePoint developer specifically 2013, 2016 or 2019 on-premise development using farm deployed code
- Prefer specialized experience as a DevOps (Development and Operations) Engineer
- Prefer experience developing, implementing, and managing automated software source control in industry standard platforms such as Jenkins and/or TFS
- Prefer experience with end state configuration via puppet or chef, and software deployment strategies via docker or kubernetes
- DOD Computing Environment.
- Possess industry certifications to meet DOD Directive 8570.01 certification requirements for IAT Level II, such as CompTIA Security +
SECURITY CLEARANCE: DoD Secret Clearance
To apply for this job email your details to ATEC-Jobs@caelum.com