POSITION TITLE: Cloud Engineer
POSITION SUMMARY: Incumbent serves as a primary Cloud subject matter expert both within the Caelum Team and across the National Ocean Services (NOS) and it’s Program Offices, providing consulting as well as direct engineering and technical support to help assure integration between on-premises infrastructure operations and Microsoft Azure Cloud services for the NOS Information Management Office in support of the NOS Associate CIO. Collaborative as well as technical skills are critical to successful performance.
• Develops and implements a role- based access control strategy integrated with on-premises Active Directory services.
• Manages Cloud providers’ applications, infrastructure, and systems to ensure optimal, efficient, and secure consolidated operations.
• Develops, implements, and enforces standard procedures to provision and manage Cloud-based network, storage and infrastructure constructs; secure standard procedures to provision and manage virtual assets, services, and databases.
• Ensures resilience, sizing and capacity requirements are met; monitors SLAs and burn rates
• As needed, assist with development of security documents, control inheritance documentation, risk analyses, and full or partial security packages.
• Develop and implement standard procedures to provision and manage Cloud-based network and infrastructure constructs such as VPN tunnels, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoutes, Network Security Groups, Firewalls, Resource Groups, File Storage options, Load-balancing, and Active Directory Federated Services.
• Reports to the on-site Program Manager
• Interacts regularly with Federal technical staff and the NOS Cloud ConOps group
• Member of the Domain Infrastructure Team
• Professional-level Cloud Certification (Engineer or Architect).
• Experience as a senior level Systems Administrator in a Microsoft or Linux environment.
• Working level knowledge of software engineering and development
• Cloud Security Certification desirable
• Strong trouble shooting capabilities
• Experience with Power BI is highly desirable.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 10+ years of IT experience with at least three years of experience implementing cloud services.
• Experience in support of a Federal IT environment is highly desirable.
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
* Base salary open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com