Title: Data Management
Supports the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Southwest Fisheries Science Center (SWFSC) working with the Federal Data Maturity Model. Working with government personnel to assess, develop and implement feasible and effective data management plans that balance strategic and operational needs.
Specific job duties may include but are not limited to:
• Performing a comprehensive review of the SWFSC and other FMCs data management practices as well as national/Federal data maturity model and data management requirements. This includes evaluation, analysis and recommendations for improvements and advancing of our data management and data governance processes.
• Presenting and discussing the review with the SWFSC leadership team. Based on the team input and prioritization, developing data management plans to address top priorities with deliverables, metrics, and long terms goals that foster and promote DM culture changes.
• Providing support to fulfill the goal of managing data to facilitate the science mandates (i.e. Stock Assessments) of our Center and to serve data to our constituents — to establish Center wide data management practices, standards, and policies.
• Coordinating effort for the entire Center, horizontally across divisions and programs as well as vertically link to national/Federal data maturity model and data management requirements.
• Assessing and supporting technology improvements/selection/direction and that being used for our data management operations.
Four years of experience directly related to the position. Must have experience:
• Working with DM principles and their applications as well as DM functional framework.
• Developing data management and data governance plans and working with metadata and data lifecycle
• Effective analytical, planning and managing project skills in cross-functional and wide range of perspective settings.
• Strong communication skills both written and orally, and ability to interact with staff from different fields at all levels.
• Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
• Education: BS in Information Science, or a related/equivalent discipline.
La Jolla, CA
To apply for this job email your details to NOAA-IMS@caelum.com