POSITION: Database Specialist
LOCATION: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
SCOPE: Serves as a Database Specialist on a major IT support contract for the Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) at the Aberdeen Test Center (ATC).
- Perform database and software life cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Perform recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administer, maintain, develop, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database.
- Evaluate and recommend available database management system (DBMS) products.
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Perform engineering functions for multiple large databases including the data warehouse and development support.
- Partner with technical and business groups to ensure that database performance standards adhere to enterprise service level agreements.
- Associate’s Degree and 9 years experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years experience; or Master’s Degree and 5 years experience; or combination of 11 years which may include education/specialized training/certifications and/or experience
- Must possess current Security+ (or equivalent DOD Directive 8570.01 IAT II) and at least one current Computing Environment certification
- Management of Microsoft database technologies, including SQL and Access; installation and configuration of Windows Server technologies and other government- approved server operating systems (e.g., Unix, Red Hat Linux), Network Attached Storage
- Microsoft Knowledge (physical database architecture, design, database backup, recovery, and disaster recovery procedures, installation, configuration of MS SQL server on Windows Server technologies, performance tuning, query optimization, client/server connectivity, database consistency checks using DBCC utilities, capacity planning, and Microsoft SQL clusters, SQL DR, HA options as well as contingency planning, and log shipping, Always On Cluster), etc.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: DoD Secret Clearance
To apply for this job email your details to ATEC-Jobs@caelum.com