Location: Ft. Leonard Wood Military Res., Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, United States
Employment: Full-Time (MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN)
Education: Six (6) years related experience in Information Technology and 2 years’ experience as a Helpdesk Technician / Specialist
Security clearance: None
- CompTIA Security+ or A+
- Windows 10 Computing Environment (CE) certification for the operating system(s) and must maintain CE certification as the command migrates to newer releases
- Must be able to support current releases of all OS and applications.
- Experienced in systems start up and shut down analysis, diagnosis and troubleshooting of software and hardware issues
- Must be ITIL Certified
The successful Helpdesk Specialist (Information Technology Specialist II) serves as the Tier 1 help desk support providing Information Technology support to Army users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers and route trouble calls reported to the helpdesk
- Annotates trouble ticket status
- Performs computer maintenance, administration, and Repair
- Provides IT assistance to students and instructors for IT problems such as Server and/or Network failures
- Maintains computer related software and hardware trouble logs in electronic format
- Performs Helpdesk Service Desk Operations; Triage Incident tickets issued according to their assigned area(s) of responsibility utilizing the Work Ordering system.
- Responds/acknowledges and resolve service ticket within established timeframes from receipt of the incident/call for touch labor support.
- Establish new, maintain, delete, and troubleshoot Active Directory client accounts/client systems.
- Trouble-shoots and resolves user/client standard application/configuration problems via telephone assistance call, remote control and at user locations.
- Maintain local standard operating system and local/standard client application software to current Army configuration, service pack, patch, and security fix and virus definition standards.
- Performs troubleshooting to resolve desktop baseline application and E-Mail problems.
- Coordinates standard system image configuration changes with the SCCM Image Team.
- Provides guidance to desktop services technicians, assigned users, and peers.
- Installs, configures, and maintains desktop applications.
- Configures Standard Army application systems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains desktop Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) authorized client applications.
- Performs commercial hardware repair on computer systems.
- Assists System Administrators with testing of local client applications and security patches.
- Creates and updates documentation for conventional technical processes
- Assist System Administrators with installing/testing of system software or network hardware configurations and coordinate the documentation of all client hardware and software changes, to include generating and modifying procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)/User’s Guide
- Utilizes the Army Enterprise Service Desk system to create, modify, update, and resolve new or assigned customer support request incidents
- Clearly and concisely communicates correct information in response to telephone assistance calls, user requests, technical questions, or when attending meetings as a technical representative, to technical and non-technical users at all levels of the command.
Email resumes to LeonardWood@caelum.com
Caelum offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
It is the policy of Caelum to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to LeonardWood@caelum.com