Position/Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: Human Resources Vice President
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the Human Resources Manager in day-to-day HR activities and overall employee relations. Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assists employees with any benefits issues or questions. Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training. Administers the 401(k) plan and completes yearly compliance reporting. Administers FMLA and disability claims. Supports employee morale and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists internal recruiter and site managers in recruiting and staffing needs;
- Assists HR VP with company-wide performance management and improvement systems;
- Assists with employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting- EEOC, FLSA;
- Administers employee orientation, development, and training;
- Maintains Employee Personnel Files;
- Policy development and documentation;
- Company-wide employee communication;
- Benefits administration;
- Works directly with Site Managers and Site Admin to implement employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
The Human Resources Generalist coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through on-site managers; reports to the Human Resources VP, and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues and policies.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Capable of taking initiatives and working well independently
- Customer service/problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional demeaner
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office applications
- Ability to travel locally and on occasion to different site locations, sometimes out of state
- B.S. or B.A. or equivalent experience
- At least two years of previous experience in Human Resources or related experience
- Experience in ISO quality systems a plus
Caelum offers comprehensive fringe benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(K), holidays, competitive paid leave. Base salary is commensurate with education and experience. A year-end or spot bonus is offered for outstanding performance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Caelum is an EOE, offering equal opportunity for any qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, religion, sex orientation, or physical handicap. Caelum especially encourages U.S. veterans for application.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org