POSITION TITLE: IT Systems Engineer Lead
Lead Systems Engineer/Ops Lead will be responsible for the delivery of IT service and projects in support of NOAA’s National Ocean Service (NOS), managing all aspects of Enterprise IT Operations including Service Desk, SAN, servers, LAN, and WAN for a Microsoft centric frameworks that supports a headquarters operation of over 500 employees with another 300 field employees in 16 locations.
This is an important role and require architectural and hands-on Windows administration skills with a specific focus on continual service improvement (CSI) and subject matter expert troubleshooting support. Working alongside a dynamic operations team that includes Windows system administrators, Mac Administrators, Linus, Cloud Administrator, SharePoint, storage engineer and technical leadership. The position will focus on managing all systems administration duties including troubleshooting and resolving issues at the operating system or server level.
Successful delivery of these IT services includes the following high-level objectives
- Overall engineering responsibility for the system
- Managing to high availability and service level objectives
- Continual Service Improvement management
- Implement Enterprise Architecture concepts
- Incident identification, root cause analysis and resolution
- Recommendation and implementation of new and improved processes and procedures for system administration and maintenance
- Manage and support geographically dispersed workforce
- Balance technical and strategic support activities to fulfill NOS missions
- Maintain secure operational environment
- In collaboration with the Government, review established operational metrics, propose changes to enhance efficiency, security, and customer service, and implement procedures to ensure achievement of metric targets.
Education, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years providing the delivery of IT services and projects for all end-users
- 4 years managing Enterprise IT Operation implementing ITIL best practices
- Experience with analysis, planning and implementation of ITSM initiatives
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, PowerShell, and Azure.
- Microsoft server certification is Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with a Microsoft Active Directory environment supporting at least 2000 users.
- IT security certification or proof of IT security training within the last three years
- ITIL or similar certification
- US Citizenship
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
- Base salary open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate
- Full benefits package (Vacation, Sick Leave, Insurance – Health, Dental, Eye, 401K, etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org