This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years of experience supporting military (preferably Army) operations and planning. The selected candidate must be able to obtain and retain a SECRET level Security Clearance – an active SECRET clearance is required.
Recent experience and understanding of Army staff operations, policies, and procedures, is essential. The Staff Analyst must be familiar with and able to effectively use the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP).
A basic understanding of information technology (IT) functional areas (service management, systems engineering, cybersecurity, and strategic planning, etc.) is strongly desired.
The Staff Analyst must have superior technical and professional skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with multiple organizations and personnel in a timely and effective matter. Superior task planning skills and time management is essential. The analyst must be a self-starter with the ability to analyze tasks and develop effective, timely responses and recommendations with a minimum of supervision and direction.
The Staff Analyst will provide subject matter expertise and support to the Army Materiel Command (AMC) G-2/6 (Chief Information Officer) staff. Tasks may include:
- Support the development of AMC IT plans and policies. The Contractor will coordinate with AMC staff elements and Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs) as required to develop the documents, and participate as required in supporting forums, OPTs, IPTs, and Working Groups (WG).
- Provide input into operational plans and orders and participate/facilitate as required in selected Forums, Operational Planning Teams (OPTs), Integrated Project Teams (IPTs), and Working Groups (WG).
- Review, analyze and provide recommendations on documents, briefings, DA taskers, operation orders, information papers, and other requirements that address AMC and G-2/6 equities and special projects.
- Prepare and deliver Information Papers that address Plans and Policy Plan information, background, research, details, findings, and facts.
- Support development of Planning Analysis and Recommendations, to include Analyses of Alternatives (AoA) that addresses the feasible alternatives; cost, schedule, and performance benchmarks; risks; and critical technology elements.
- Prepare and deliver plans and policy briefings using Government provided template.
The Staff Analyst must be proficient in using standard Microsoft Office Products (especially PowerPoint and Word); working knowledge/familiarity with MS Project, and Adobe Acrobat is desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to Huntsville-Jobs@caelum.com