Remote Senior Java Developer – Silver Spring, MD
Will provide software engineering and application development services within the department of commerce in accordance with its mission. Will serve as development lead or development team member on multiple, concurrent web-based, database-driven, custom application development projects. Perform system requirements analysis, application design, development, testing and implementation. Will develop applications based on user requirements including user interface, database development, and middle-tier application components.
The position is remote but the candidate must be within the Washington DC Metro area for occasional in person meeting. Salary commensurate with experience.
• Solid Java experience developing web applications with it.
• Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS
• Good understanding of jQuery and AngularJS frameworks
• Basic sql understanding.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
• Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in computer science, related discipline, or equivalent.
To apply for this job email your details to NOAA-IMS@Caelum.com