Using industry standards and best practices for BPM and re-engineering support the Business Analyst performs Gap Analysis and Standard CMMI Assessment Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) Appraisals for CMMI-Development (CMMI-DEV) and CMMI-Services (CMMI-SVC) Models.
Business Analyst performs detailed analyses of ITSM business processes and provides an interface between traditional IT support organizations and functional requirement definitions. Business Analyst must be excellent verbal and written communicators as they will interface with and gather information from a very diverse group. A Business Analyst must have a wide range of knowledge in all areas of ITSM and in the Logistics business area.
The Business Analyst shall use industry C4IM best practices and standards and be proficient using Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) compliant services and processes for ITSM. The Business Analyst shall have general knowledge and understand the AMCOM G6 CIO customers’ business needs and goals.
The Business Analyst must be capable of performing the following ITSM tasks:
- Develop the IT Service Management Framework, which combines the requirements of the Capability Maturity Model Integration for Services (CMMI-SVC) at Maturity Level 3, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL V3.0), and Lean Thinking into a new AMCOM CIO/G6 standard. This standard allows the CIO/G6 to develop and improve the performance of key IT services as they are brought into compliance.
- Plan, conduct, and report on SCAMPI (Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement) appraisals
- Support taskers from the Department of the Army and the Army Materiel Command for business processes that allows the CIO/G6 to define, improve and measure the effectiveness of its IT services.
- Act as the CIO/G6s primary consultant on the development of Business Process Improvement service processes.
- Craft Services Management Guides, which is a sister document to the ITSM Framework, and explain the concepts and practices of Lean IT service management.
- Support Service continuity by providing rationale and approach for a high business value way to ensure continuity of some aspects of service operations.
- Provide generic decision analysis process
- Support Service system transition process: process for more gently defining and introducing process changes to the work force.
- Support Perform Gap Analysis and SCAMPI appraisals for CMMI-DEV and CMMI-SVC models.
- Prepare CIO/G6s for their annual SCAMPI appraisals.
Knowledge and experience in these areas is required:
The Business Analyst must be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, display a professional demeanor at all times
- Participate and be prepared to facilitate VTCs, meetings, and briefing activities
- The Contractor shall develop meeting materials and meeting minutes for each participated activity
- Must remain current and well versed in the latest IT technology related to the customer’s area of responsibility and the effect that the technology could have on overall performance
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with minimal amount of supervision
- Use industry standards and best practices for BPM and re-engineering support and will perform Gap Analysis and Standard CMMI Assessment Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) Appraisals for CMMI-Development (CMMI-DEV) and CMMI-Services (CMMI-SVC) Models.
BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training, and certifications.
- Maintain an awareness of trends that may either positively or negatively affect the customer
- Maintain skill sets in the Standard CMMI Assessment Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) Appraisals for CMMI-Development (CMMI-DEV) and CMMI-Services (CMMI-SVC) Models.
- ITIL certification and experience is desired.
- Minimum for a Secret Clearance is required.
To apply for this job email your details to Huntsville-Jobs@caelum.com