Position/Title: Senior Accountant
Position Summary: An exempt position – responsible for all aspects accounting to include general ledger, project billings, accounts receivable, financial statements in Government Contracting environment at Caelum HQ located in Rockville, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare month-end journal entries
- Prepare month-end close activities
- Prepare month-end financial statements
- Record daily cash transactions
- Prepare monthly billings
- Prepare budgets/forecasts and report variances against actual
- Prepare internal reports to facilitate sound management decisions
- Prepare external project reports in accordance with contract deliverables
- Review/Compliance with contractual documents and funding modifications
- Monitor, Analyze and Report contract performance in accordance with government specifications and requirements
- Prepare/Assist contract close-out procedures
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvement
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Three plus years of experience in all aspects of accounting
- Federal Government Contracting; experience in all types of contracts (T&M, CPFF, and FFP), relevant federal regulations, including FAR requirements preferred.
- Working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint and Time & Expense preferred.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently and work with others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Reports to Caelum’s CFO located at Caelum HQ, Rockville, MD.
- Interfaces on a regular basis externally with customers, vendors, and teaming partners.
- Participate in monthly meetings, and internally interface with other program or project managers, HR, and support group members as needed.
Compensation and Other Financial Considerations at Hire:
- The title is commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experience.
- Base salary is open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate.
- This position is an incentive-oriented position; in addition to base salary and comprehensive fringe benefits, this position is eligible for incentive compensations directly related to revenues and earnings growth as a result of the candidate’s effort.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Caelum is an Equal Opportunity Employer – does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, political preference or disability in employment or the provision of service.
The preceding job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com