Position/Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Summary: Responsible for all aspects accounting to include general ledger, billings, accounts receivable, financial statements in Government Contracting environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Record daily cash transactions
- Maintain fixed assets schedules
- Prepare monthly billings
- Record month-end journal entries
- Prepare month-end close activities
- Prepare monthly financials statements
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Deltek GCS Premier or Costpoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The position operates in a professional office environment. It requires the routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, copy machine, printers, filing cabinets, postage machine and fax machines. During the pandemic lockdown, however, remote work from home will be permitted, when possible. Caelum will provide the necessary equipment such as a laptop for the employee to work from home.
The physical demands for this position include (but may not be limited to): being able to remain in a stationary position at a desk for a certain amount of time, occasional movement inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery (copy machine, postage stamp machine, printer, etc.…), regular operation of a computer and other office machinery. This position is mostly sedentary but may require some filing, bending, or standing.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Caelum Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Caelum does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, religion or belief, sexual orientation, political preference or disability in employment or the provision of service.
- BS Degree in Accounting or related field
- Three to seven years of experience in all aspects of accounting.
- CPA is preferred but not required.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org