Caelum Research Corporation
Caelum Research Corporation is now searching for an experienced Senior Network Specialist to support a future government customer at Fort Meade, Maryland. This position requires experience in integration complex information technology systems in a program with global reach supporting the warfighter.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- 7+ years experience in relevant field required
- Security+ DoD 8570 certification, or higher.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess a proven ability to work independently, collaboratively and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as excellent customer support skills and strong attention to detail.
- The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org