Position Title: Full Stack Java Developer
Will provide software engineering and application development services within Office of Science and Technology (OST) in accordance with its mission. Will serve as development lead or development team member on multiple, concurrent web-based, database-driven, custom application development projects. Perform system requirements analysis, application design, development, testing and implementation. Will develop applications based on user requirements including user interface, database development, and middle-tier application components. Additional duties will include but are not limited to:
• Develop new user-facing features
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Ensure that application design is scalable and maintainable.
• Ensure that all deliverables are thoroughly documented.
• Knowledge of .xml file construction and parsing as well as other extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) process and tools.
• Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS
• Good understanding of jQuery, AngularJS, and Dojo frameworks
• Basic sql understanding.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
• Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
• Basic understanding of Java and developing web applications with it
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in computer science, related discipline, or equivalent.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com