Location: Ft. Leonard Wood Military Res., Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, United States
Employment: Full-Time (MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study, or five (5) years related experience as a Systems Server Administrator.
- Ten (10) or more years related experience
Security clearance: None
- CompTIA Security+ or A+
- MCSA Windows 10 Computing Environment (CE) certification for the operating system(s) and must maintain CE certification as the command migrates to newer releases
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience supporting a Microsoft Windows-based environment
- A minimum of five (5) years’ (Systems Admin) experience supporting Microsoft, or other server-based environment in a Server/Systems Administrator position
- Must have experience deploying Microsoft Windows systems. Experience in Microsoft Windows with Office and Microsoft Server 2012 for the Server Administrators
- Must have at least three (3) or more years (Systems Admin) of specialized experience working with Windows Server and Microsoft System Center 2012
- Must be able to support current releases of all OS and applications
- Additional requirements include responsible for systems analysis, diagnosis and troubleshooting, Information Assurance (IA) initiatives, and system mitigation and transition strategies
- Must be ITIL Certified
The successful Senior Systems Server Administrator / Site Manager (Information Technology Specialist IV) serves as the primary interface and point of contract with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) on contract administration issues and is responsible for ensuring the work efforts achieve the outcomes specified in the contract provides systems and server administration to ensure the systems sets and servers are available to the user at all times. Additionally, serves as the Senior Microsoft Systems Server Administrator, ensure the systems sets and servers are always available to the user. This requires monitoring the systems and ensure they are operating at peak efficiency. Identify and resolve any degradation, unusual activities, or system downtime, and immediately notify the designated Government representative of any instances of system degradation, unusual activities and or system downtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary interface and point of contract with the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) on contract administration issues
- Ensures work efforts achieve the outcomes specified in the contract
- Supervises day-to-day delivery of support services by developing management and quality control procedures, planning, and directing program execution, monitors cost, schedule, performance, and manages risk, and resource allocation
- Prepares and delivers Monthly Status Reports, Weekly Progress Reports, and attends Kick Off Meeting
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows services including domain controllers, user accounts, permissions, e-mail, anti- virus, spam filter, terminal server, file, and printer servers
- Optimizes Windows System performance and conducts vulnerability Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans and runs intrusion detection software, apply security patches to safeguard the system from intrusion and provide virus detection and removal services IAW AR 25-2 on a weekly basis
- Conducts server administration tasks including examining the current primary and alternate computing environments, designs and recommends System Center Configuration Manager server architectures, extends the Active Directory schema (DNS service records, WINS), manages providers, discovery methods, and plans migrations
- Prepares and conducts backup and recovery options utilizing Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Identify and resolve any degradation, unusual activities, or system downtime, and immediately notify the designated Government representative of any instances of system degradation, unusual activities and or system downtime
- Coordinate installation of new software and update schedules directly with the Government.
- Perform configuration management, in accordance with customer policies and procedures.
- Maintain, modify or repair: Server core, Server Builds upgrades and patching.
- Provide Training Department Quality Assurance Server Support, which includes patching, database management and the monitoring of systems.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of all systems within the scope of specific duties assigned.
- Perform daily inspections and vendor recommended tests on all computer systems and network components.
- Conduct tests to determine if the equipment is operating within tolerances specified by the vendor. Maintain a continuing record of these inspections and tests using approved trouble processing procedures.
- Assist in on-hand product analysis; network/system expansion analysis; system documentation analysis; user instruction or training; and system and network operations.
- Analyze hardware and software products requirements and propose best solutions for network approaches.
- Provide the necessary expertise to ensure all system nodes and supporting network are maintained in an operational state.
- Perform administration and customer support of Microsoft website host servers, Microsoft SharePoint servers, and sites.
- Perform Active Directory administration to include account creation/deletion, rights assignment, and the troubleshooting of accounts.
- Perform storage administration and maintenance to include that of Storage Area Network (SAN) devices. Tasks include configuration, troubleshooting, and corrective maintenance as well as maintaining high availability while preserving the Active Directory security access control.
- Lifecycle replacement of servers, storage area network devices, file area servers and applicable equipment will include disassembling servers, IT equipment, server racks and/or shelving. Reassemble all IT related equipment at the new location.
Email resumes to LeonardWood@caelum.com
Caelum offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
It is the policy of Caelum to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to LeonardWood@caelum.com