POSITION TITLE: Software Engineer and deployment lead in support of NOAA’s Northwest Fisheries Science Center. Resource Analysis and Monitoring Division
This position serves as a full stack developer and deployment lead as a member of a team of software engineers, developers, data architects and analyst in support of environmental research and data management for the NOAA Fisheries Northwest Science Center in Seattle Washington. The team develops and manages applications that support data ingest from a variety of platforms, integration, management, analysis, display and dissemination in Linux framework that leverages a variety of state of the art tools and frameworks in a Linux stack that includes both SQL and NoSQL database management tools.
● Develops technical designs and specifications for software products
● Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities
● Uses software development technologies and tools to build, test, and maintain product modules, components, and subsystems, interacts with customers and stakeholders.
● Provides leadership and direction in prioritizing team efforts to support both project demands and long terms architectural objectives to move FRAM into a consistent framework and best of breed technical reference model.
● Reports to Caelum’s Director of NOAA programs.
● Works closely with the FRAM Division Chief, receives technical guidance and priorities
● Provides technical direction and administrative oversight for other team members
● Coordinates with scientists and analysts in the NW Fisheries Science Center while also interacting with members of the greater NW Fisheries Community.
● Minimum B.S/B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
● Demonstrated proficiency, with a minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience particularly in backend Web development
● Experience in server application deployment with tools such as Express, Docker, Jenkins, Apache Server)
● Experience and demonstrable expertise with the following technologies:
o SQL databases such as Oracle or PostGreSQL
o Agile Software Development techniques
o Understanding and experience with Linux including performance tuning
● Highly Desirable skills and expertise include
o Apache CouchDB
o No SQL Database experience
● Experience working on a science/research based technical team
● Experience in a NOAA or other U.S Government particularly in support of a science mission is desirable
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
*Base salary open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate*
To apply for this job email your details to NOAAjobs@caelum.com