Job Title: Software Engineer Intermediate (Application Programmer)
Location: Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville AL 35898
Clearance Level: Active DoD – Secret
Required Certification(s): Security +, IAT Level 2
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) provides Information Technology (IT) support to PEO MS which is a Continental United States (CONUS) organization. The OCIO provides centralized life cycle management, direction, guidance, and support for the acquisition, sustainment, maintainability, supportability, and implementation of the PEO, Information Mission Area (IMA). PEO MS is an approved Data Center providing hosting to multiple organizations, Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) throughout the US Army Acquisition community.
- Conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems software.
- Determines computer user needs; advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Respond to inquiries from computer users and assist in resolving IT/Software problems.
- Diagnose computer hardware and software issues.
- Diagnose the nature of the problem and walk the customer through the problem-solving steps.
- Provide technical guidance in the utilization of computer hardware and software, including installation, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Be proficient in the software and hardware used by the government.
- Be able to readily provide guidance and resolve issues.
- Provide technical assistance support services.
- BA/BS w/5 years’ experience or AA w/7+ years’ experience
- Security +
- IAT Level 2
- Good communicator, professional, strong multi-tasker.
To apply for this job email your details to Huntsville-Jobs@caelum.com