Position/Title: Vice President, Business Development
Identify or direct Caelum’s business development initiatives that provide for the expansion of Caelum’s government contracting business. Develop and maintain relationships with customers and conduct development or capture activities to pursue potential business opportunities that will capitalize on and expand Caelum’s capabilities. Network with industry partners to explore opportunities for priming, joint venture, or subcontracting that would increase Caelum revenues and profitability. Work location is at Caelum’s HQ in Rockville, Maryland.
- Lead or coordinate to develop short- and long-range goals/objectives and business opportunities pipeline focusing on U.S. Federal Government agencies.
- Develop and recommend strategies for taking advantage of the company’s technical strengths and development of new capabilities.
- Lead or coordinate in new business capture and pursuit activities; champion multi-discipline or cross-functional teams in proposal preparation activities.
- Ensure the necessary resources to produce strong, effective, and winning new business captures and proposals.
- Lead or support a team mindset within the company and develop appropriate teaming or joint venture partners.
- Manage the BD Team in reporting activities, pipeline development, and revenue forecasting.
- Reports directly to Caelum’s President.
- Interfaces with representatives from government customers, vendors, and teaming partners.
- Interface with Caelum’s other executives regularly, and with contracts’ program or project managers and other support staff as needed.
- Provide weekly activities report and post in Caelum’s secured cloud-base Business Intelligence Center website.
- Lead weekly BD meeting and Monthly Managers’ Meeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 10 years demonstrating previously successful relevant work experience.
- In-depth direct knowledge of the Fed Government contracting acquisition processes.
- Established relationships with potential customers.
- General IT knowledge or technical background that would facilitate an understanding of technical requirements.
- Confident, self-assured demeanor, with excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- No college degree is required, but a B.S. in Engineering, Science, Computer Science, or related field is preferred.
- Other advanced study, training, and certification is desirable.
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
- Base salary is open, dependent upon background and experience of the successful candidate.
- This position is an incentive-oriented position; besides base salary and full fringe benefits, there will be additional incentive compensation IAW revenues/profits generated by the successful candidate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The essential functions of this position are in the office environment using computers and other general office equipment/hardware. Regular local and occasional out-of-town travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Caelum is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Point of Contact:
Please submit your resume to Careersfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Caelum was founded in 1987 and currently supports the DoD, NOAA and NASA customers with an excellent reputation. Please consult www.caelum.com for more information.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com