Asset Management Assistant
Onsite at Government facility at Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35898
Job Title: Asset Management Assistant
Location: Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35898
Clearance Level: Active DoD – Secret (Deal Breaker)
Required Certification(s): None
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) provides Information Technology (IT) support to Program Executive Office (PEO) Missile and Space which is a Continental United States (CONUS) organization located at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. The OCIO provides centralized life cycle management, direction, guidance, and support for the acquisition, sustainment, maintainability, supportability, and implementation of the PEO, Information Mission Area (IMA). PEO Missile and Space is an approved Data Center providing hosting to multiple organizations, Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and CloudPlatform as a Service (PaaS) throughout the US Army Acquisition community.
- Provide on-site Asset Management Assistance for the PEO Missile & Space for IT-related equipment inventory of nonexpendable, expendable, and durable government equipment down to and including the Sub-Hand Receipt Holder (HRH).
- Assist Asset Manager (Sub-Hand Receipt Holder) to coordinate with the Installation Property Book Office for input into the PEO Missile & Space Property Accountability System for all equipment items valued over the $500 threshold and for other equipment (Durable, Non-Expendable, Sensitive, etc.), if required, by Army Regulations.
- Assist Asset Manager to manage all durable and expendable equipment over the $500 threshold and ensure all IT equipment is input and tracked in the PEO Missile & Space Property Accountability System.
- Assist Asset Manager to perform the following asset management functions in accordance with (IAW) applicable Army regulations and PEO Missile & Space policies/guidance by adhering to:
- AR 710-1, Centralized Inventory Management of the Army Supply System
- AR 710-2, Supply Policy Below the National Level
- AR 710-3, Inventory Management Asset and Transaction Reporting System
- DA PAM 735-5, Property Accountability: Financial Liability Officer’s Guide
- AR 735-5, Property Accountability: Policies and Procedures for Property Accountability
- AR 25-1, Information Management: Army Information Technology
- AR 71-32, Force Development and Documentation Consolidated Policies and the PEO Missile & Space Property SOP
- Assist Asset Manager to receive IT-related equipment, verify accuracy of delivery, and document/input information in the PEO Missile & Space Property Accountability System.
- Assist Asset Manager to apply appropriate barcodes to equipment, store equipment in designated locations, and transport equipment to appropriate users.
- Assist Asset Manager to prepare required documents and paperwork for DA Forms 2062 and DA 3161 for Hand Receipt Holder regarding newly purchased items, the transfer of items, the transport of property to another location and turn-in/disposal of existing property.
- Assist Asset Manager to perform annual updates of all DA form 2062 for sub hand receipt holders.
- Assist Asset Manager to maintain the PEO Missile & Space Property Accountability System for all assigned Hand Receipt Holders; track barcodes, serial numbers and locations of assets; and maintain complete accountability of all PEO Missile & Space property.
- Assist Asset Manager to conduct monthly 100% Sensitive Item Inventories and at other times as required by the government.
- Assist Asset Manager to conduct 25% quarterly property inventories and a 100% inventory annually.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have an active DoD Security Clearance (SECRET or higher)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-year relevant experience
- Army Property Accountability Experience
- Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) Experience and/or Automated Status and Tracking System (ASTS) Experience
- Good communicator, professional, strong multi-tasker.
To apply for this job please visit caelum.com.