Location: Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35808
Job Title: Business Analyst II (Data Quality Analyst)
Location: Logistics Data Analysis Center (LDAC), Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville AL 35898
Clearance Level (Must Have): Active DoD – Secret
Required Certifications (Must Have): None
The Business Analyst (BA) II Data Quality Analyst performs detailed job analysis of business processes and provides an interface between traditional logistical support organizations and functional requirement definitions. A BA II Data Quality Analyst must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to interact at all levels in the chain of command.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- The ability to work well under pressure and around tight deadlines.
- Assist in data analytics, focusing on enterprise data management and the validation of data prior to and during migration from legacy systems. Responsibilities for data life-cycle control may include, but is not limited to:
- Define data goals, objectives, strategies and standards for data validation, cleansing, and control
- Exercise oversight of legacy data cleansing, analysis, harmonization and staging to support an Army Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment
- Assist in defining the technical solutions to support identified metrics, as well as monitoring Army ERP data quality and availability through the use of metrics and audits
- Enforce the business processes implemented for the organization’s enterprise data management and data integration
- Perform technical analysis by assessing the areas of impact of data issues from all levels of the enterprise
- Assist in maintaining and sustaining migration efforts and management of future migration requirements
- Assist in sustainment of data quality efforts and management of future data quality requirements
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative techniques in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the data that will be used in support of business processes
- Collect requirements for the project business, analyze the requirements and guide the developmental team in optimizing their work
- Evaluate data collected by the project development team and prepare hardware and software requirement specifications documentation
- Document projects by preparing functional specification documents and user guides for the reference of the end users
- Maintain skill sets in the hardware/software used by LDAC to accomplish customer tasks
- Utilize data analysis tools to include SQL, Microsoft Access, and Excel to query data from multiple complex relational databases and other data sources in support of customer data requests
- Maintain an awareness of trends that may either positively or negatively affect the customer
- Exhibit a wide range of technical knowledge including database querying, application development, project management, and scheduling
- Prepare and present functional and technical presentations and documentation
- Army logistics background
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to perform stakeholder management, resolution management, and facilitate Working Groups and IPTs;
- An understanding and awareness of GCSS-Army/LMP/AESIP/GFEBS interfaces and dependencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Logistics Domain transformation to the ERP-dominated environment.
- Ability to articulate objectives of enterprise data quality management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of Business Analyst experience, OR
- Associate’s Degree and 8 years Business Analyst experience, OR
- 10 years of Business Analyst experience
To apply for this job email your details to Huntsville-Jobs@caelum.com