Location: Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35808
Job Title: Business Analyst II (Vantage Developer)
Location: Logistics Data Analysis Center (LDAC), Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville AL 35898
Clearance Level (Must Have): Active DoD – Secret
Required Certifications (Must Have): Security +
A BA II Vantage Developer performs detailed analyses of business processes and provides an interface between traditional information technology support organizations and functional requirement definitions. The vantage developer is responsible for developing products within Vantage, Palantir’s Foundry framework, to create applications, configure existing systems and provide user support.
A BA II Vantage Developers capable of writing functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. The overall goal is to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software. The vantage developer must have a wide range of knowledge in all areas of information technology and must have organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills; possess the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; interact at all levels in the chain of command; work independently with minimal supervision; work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment with tight deadlines. The vantage developer works under the direction of management and team leads but frequently leads both large and small analysis efforts.
- Maintain skill sets in the hardware/software that is used to accomplish customer requirements.
- Awareness of trends that may either be positively/negatively affect the customer requirements
- Wide range of technical knowledge including database, application development, project management, scheduling, etc.
- Understanding of database structure required to support the Vantage Application
- Vantage design standards and Government customer’s standard documentation that will be used by all team members.
- Develop, control, coordinate, and maintain assigned projects from inception to deployment into the Government customer’s development environment and through the other customer-specific environments.
- Create design specifications for the Government customer’s Application implementation based on the interpretation of the customer’s requirements.
- Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of the total system for the Government customer’s Application
- Conduct code reviews, demonstrations and/or walk-throughs of functionality within the Government customer’s Application as requested by the customer
- Assist in identifying common customer problems, suggest corrections/enhancements to those issues or refer to other expertise as required
- Provide projected milestones related to the various tasks and identify team members and their areas of responsibility
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and establishing processes to meet internal or contractual commitments
- Apply standard principles, theories, and concepts to solve problems of moderate/diverse scope
- May be assigned project work that requires application of standard practices and techniques used in programming or operations
- Perform assessments of the system flowcharts, functional specifications and logic, input/output requirements, reports and functional database design for logistical process
- Support the technical contractor teams with functional guidance and subject matter expertise in development of “As is” and “To Be” business processes in the government customer’s Vantage Portal
- Maintain and develop functional flowchart, functional specifications, systems engineering, reengineering system support, etc.
- Interact professionally with internal and external Government customers and team members on a regular basis
- Adhere to all established policies with regard to security, completion of mandatory training courses and timesheet submission
- Ability to efficiently balance simultaneous, high profile projects and deliver those projects in an effective manner is required
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment managing multiple tasks and projects. Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines
- High level of independence but a team player
- Security+ certification
- Must be proficient with Oracle RDBMS and SQL
- Vantage – A Palantir Foundry product.
- Exposure to/use of GIT/Bit-Bucket style repository a plus
- Experience with the design of large Oracle Database and PL/SQL is desired
- Able to create/implement test plans for large scale web-based applications
- Exposure to/use of the Telerik tool suite for Visual Studio .NET a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of Business Analyst experience, OR
- Associate’s Degree and 8 years Business Analyst experience, OR
- 10 years of Business Analyst experience
To apply for this job email your details to Huntsville-Jobs@caelum.com