Position Title: Database Administrator III
Location: Ft. Cavazos, TX
Security Clearance (Required): Secret (Deal Breaker)
Certifications (Required): Security+ CE (Deal Breaker) and the appropriate Computing Environment.
Overview/Scope of Responsibilities:
Provides Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) support to applications supported by Operational Test Command. Works with Application Teams, Team Leads and other Database Administrators to design and specify RDBMS solutions based on standard offerings to support development of new or enhancements of existing applications. Serves as principal RDBMS solution designer for small to large/complex (size/risk) application projects, including business critical applications, using analytical skills, technical skills, available technology and tools. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for RDBMS-related initiatives, discretionary projects, compliance/regulatory requirements and system changes for Application Database Services (ADBS) supported applications and command-wide initiatives.
The Database Administrator III supports the OTC mission by:
- Providing experience in management of Microsoft (MS) database technologies including Structured Query Language (SQL) and Access; system configuration management; resource sharing and basic networking troubleshooting.
- Providing experience in operating system management and configuration; database design, amending existing databases, monitoring database efficiency, maintaining the security and integrity of data and authoring related documentation.
- Providing experience in the installation and configuration of Windows Server technologies and other government approved server operating systems (e.g., Unix, Red Hat Linux), Microsoft Knowledge (physical database architecture, design, database backup, recovery, and disaster recovery procedures, installation, configuration of MS SQL server on Windows Server technologies, performance tuning, query optimization, client/server connectivity, database consistency checks using Database Console Command (DBCC) utilities, capacity planning, and Microsoft SQL clusters, SQL Disaster Recovery (DR), High Availability (HA) options as well as contingency planning and log shipping.
- Having detailed knowledge/command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Building databases and validating their stability/efficiency.
- Writing optimized SQL queries for integration with other applications.
- Designing database tables and dictionaries.
- Developing scripts, procedures, and triggers for application development.
- Developing, implementing, and optimizing stored procedures and functions using T-SQL.
- Maintaining data quality and backups and overseeing database security.
- Developing high-quality database solutions.
- Developing procedures and scripts for data migration.
- Reviewing and interpreting ongoing business report requirements.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Developing PowerShell/CMD scripting skills (Preferred).
Required Education and Experience:
- High School/GED AND minimum of 9 years’ experience, or
- Associates in directly related field AND minimum of 5 years’ experience, or
- Bachelors in directly related field AND minimum of 4 years’ experience, or
- Masters in directly related field AND minimum of 3 years’ experience
Relevant education must be in an IT discipline related to the assigned program area (e.g., Network Engineering, Network Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Forensics/Security, etc.
- Able to work under the supervision of senior technicians
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
To apply for this job email your details to ATEC-OTC@caelum.com