Position/Title: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Department of Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President of Human Resources
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the VP of HR in day-to-day HR activities and overall employee relations. Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assists employees with any benefits issues or questions. Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training. Administers the 401(k) plan and completes yearly compliance reporting. Administers FMLA and disability claims. Supports employee morale and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide site managers with support on recruiting and staffing needs.
- Assists VP of HR with company-wide performance management and HRIS systems.
- Assists with employment and compliance of regulatory concerns and reporting – EEOC, FLSA;
- Administers employee orientation, development, and training;
- Maintains Employee Personnel Files;
- Policy development and documentation;
- Company-wide employee communication;
- Benefits administration;
- Works directly with Site Managers and Site Admin to implement employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
The HR Generalist/Specialist coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through on-site managers; reports to the VP of HR, and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues and policies.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Takes initiatives and works well independently
- Customer service/problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional demeaner
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office applications
- Ability to travel locally and on occasion to different site locations, occasionally out of state
- B.S. or B.A. in related field or equivalent qualification
- At least two-three years of previous experience in Human Resources or related experience
- Experience in ISO quality systems a plus
Caelum offers comprehensive fringe benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(K), holidays, competitive paid leave. Base salary is commensurate with education and experience. A year-end or spot bonus is offered for outstanding performance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Caelum is an EOE, offering equal opportunity for any qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, religion, sex orientation, or physical handicap. We appreciate the values, leadership, and unique skills Service members bring to the workforce and will encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans. Military and U.S. veterans are encouraged to apply.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org