Position Title: IT Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Aberdeen, Maryland
Employment:“Full-Time (MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN)
Experience: Three years’ experience performing enterprise service desk support duties in a large, complex classified/unclassified network environment including expert-level experience with Microsoft Office.
Security Clearance: SECRET
- CompTIA Security+ CE)
- MCSA: Windows 8/10 or Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
As part of an on-site Customer Services Desktop Support Team, provide Information Technology services to the Mid-Atlantic Region Network Enterprise Center (RNEC), Aberdeen Proving Ground (RNEC-Aberdeen). The RNEC-Aberdeen provides Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) Services, Cybersecurity, and Computer Network Defense to the tenants on the installation and RNEC-Aberdeen.
Provide desktop, software, and peripheral support, release management, password management, and account management for both NIPRNET and SIPRNET customers, including VIP support for command staff, unit control center, and directors; report significant outages and/or customer issues to appropriate Government management personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy interoperable and integrated standard office automation desktop software
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, relocate, and repair desktops, peripheral devices, and printers.
- Install/uninstall, and electronically “push” software, software updates, security updates, vendor patches (service packs, service releases), etc. to end user devices.
- Resolve desktop problems via Remote Control; add/delete accounts and reset passwords as needed; responsible for Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) remediation.
- Identify network problems impacting users and work with appropriate Tier II or III administrators
- Troubleshoot WIFI and GFE provided broadband devices and VPN connectivity
- Answer calls and utilize automated incident tracking systems (Remedy) to record work orders
- Configure, diagnose, reimage, reload, utilize troubleshoot and repair all AGM MS Windows based laptops and desktops, NCES products (e.g. DCO Connect Online), instant messaging applications, and DoD approved WI-FI and wireless services.
- Utilize Active Directory (AD) tools to manage and create AD objects.
- Utilize remote tools to connect to remote desktops. Applications include SCCM.
- Assist users with technical requirements during briefings and events with all collaborative tools such as Google Earth, DCO Connect Online, Jabber, Portals, and alert systems.
Email resumes to RNEC-APG@caelum.com
To apply for this job email your details to RNEC-APG@caelum.com