Position Title: IT Help Desk Technician
Location: Aberdeen, Maryland
Employment: Full-Time (MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN)
Experience: One year (Level I); Five years (Level II), Seven years (Level III); Twelve years (Level IV):
Experience providing service desk support in an IT environment; usage of automated ticketing tool; and diagnosing and resolving customer IT issues.
Security Clearance: SECRET
Required Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma (Relevant Education can be substituted for experience)
- CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+
- ITIL Foundation strongly desired
As part of an on-site Customer Support Team, provide help desk support to the Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) HQ and Aberdeen Test Center (ATC) at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Provide desktop, software, and peripheral support, release management, password management, and account management for both NIPRNET and SIPRNET customers, including VIP support for command staff, unit control center, and directors; report significant outages and/or customer issues to appropriate Government management personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploying IT hardware such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets, monitors and printers; configuring IT hardware to resolve problems
- Installing/configuring operating system images and specialty software on customer devices.
- Documenting activities using Trouble Ticket automated software
- Performing backup and restore of software and data on client compute devices
- Trouble shooting and resolving client network and wireless issues
- Testing, analysis and repair of computer system hardware and software malfunctions
- Deploy interoperable and integrated standard office automation desktop software
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, relocate, and repair desktops, peripheral devices, and printers.
- Resolve desktop problems via Remote Control; add/delete accounts and reset passwords as needed
- Identify network problems impacting users and work with appropriate Tier II or III administrators
- Troubleshoot WIFI and GFE provided broadband devices and VPN connectivity
- Configure, diagnose, reimage, reload, utilize troubleshoot and repair all AGM MS Windows based laptops and desktops, instant messaging applications, and DoD approved WI-FI and wireless services.
- Utilize remote tools to connect to remote desktops. Applications include SCCM.
Email resumes to: ATEC-Jobs@caelum.com
To apply for this job email your details to ATEC-Jobs@caelum.com