POSITION TITLE: IT Operations Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as the IT Operations and Service Manager responsible for the delivery of IT service and projects in support of NOAA’s National Ocean Service (NOS), managing all aspects of Enterprise IT Operations including Service Desk, SAN, servers, LAN, and WAN for a Microsoft centric frameworks that supports a headquarters operation of over 500 employees and 300 field employees in 16 locations. Work is performed onsite at the NOAA Silver Spring Metro Center complex at 1305 East West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Support for the end-to-end delivery of ITSM services through the application of industry best practices. In this role, he or she will lead the analysis, planning and implementation of ITSM initiatives in support of client operations. Application of ITIL best practices is critical to successful delivery of shared IT services that enhance end-user experience.
- Continual modernization of the Customer’s portfolio of IT systems
- Delivery of enterprise-wide and scalable IT solutions
- Manage and support geographically dispersed workforce
- Balance technical and strategic support activities to fulfill NOS missions
- Maintain secure operational environment
- In collaboration with the Government, review established operational metrics, propose changes to enhance efficiency, security, and customer service, and implement procedures to ensure achievement of metric targets.
EXPERIENCE, Education AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years providing the delivery of IT services and supporting projects for end-users including device configurations and patch management
- 5 years managing service desk teams
- 4 years managing Enterprise IT operation implementing ITIL best practices
- Experience with analysis, planning and implementation of ITSM initiatives
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, PowerShell, and Azure
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Microsoft server certification demonstrating knowledge of and experience with a Microsoft Active Directory environment supporting at least 2000 users
- IT security certification or proof of IT security training within the last three years
- ITIL or similar certification
- US Citizenship
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
- Base salary open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate
Full benefits package (Vacation, Sick Leave, Insurance – Health, Dental, Eye, 401K, etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org