POSITION TITLE: IT Operations Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Operations Manager for IT Support Services in support of NOAA’s National Ocean Service, managing all aspects of Enterprise IT Operations including Service Desk, SAN, servers, LAN, and WAN for a Microsoft centric frameworks that supports a headquarters operation of over 500 employees with another 300 field employees in 16 locations.
- Ensure successful achievement of all requirements of the standard IT operations and support activities and duties.
- Identify and apply appropriate management frameworks to various components of operations (similar to prior Microsoft Operations Framework) and service delivery (e.g., ITIL). Offerors shall propose frameworks with complete descriptions, justification for their use, and evidence of Best Value for the Government.
- Integrate all operational activities, labor resources, and tools into one cohesive service delivery environment.
- Implement and manage full operational schedules, including all a master schedule of IT operations, opening/closing checklists, integrated daily operational calendars showing status of regularly scheduled duties and work, regular audits and maintenance, and other schedules needed based on Contractor experience. Create artifacts to demonstrate adherence to the schedules. Schedules and related artifacts shall be available for review by the Government at any time.
- Ensure standard processes are developed when needed and followed at all times.
- Ensure that all labor resources have the appropriate skills needed to perform their jobs and there are no single points of failure.
- Ensure successful delivery of all services during established service hours, especially core hours (see Attachment III). Develop and meet service metrics and SLAs; immediately correct service lapses and apply mitigation to prevent future lapses.
- Regular support coverage extends over several time zones (all Continental US zones plus Hawaii and American Samoa), up to 6:00 PM local time if labor resources are on site, or 6:00 PM Eastern time if support is from Silver Spring.
- On-call after-hours support other than emergency support is not expected. See under Work Hours how after-hours work is to be approved and compensated under this contract.
- In collaboration with the Government, review established operational metrics, propose changes to enhance efficiency, security, and customer service, and implement procedures to ensure achievement of metric targets.
- Establish and maintain clear lines of communication, accountability and responsibility. Ensure all teams develop SOPs and/or Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Remain current on events, plans, decisions, etc. at NOS- and NOAA-level operational committee meetings; ensure activities are aligned with strategy and policy requirements. Inform Federal staff of operational status, successes, risks, barriers, etc.
* Reports to the on-site Program Manager
- Interacts regularly with Federal technical staff
- Provides direction for 4-5 team leads.
- Microsoft server certification is Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with a Microsoft Active Directory environment supporting at least 2000 users.
- IT security certification or proof of IT security training within the last three years is
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of networking principles, design and
- Help Desk experience required; certification
- ITIL or similar Certification
- Demonstrated ability to lead and provide technical guidance to teams responsible for operating, monitoring, and maintaining information
- Demonstrated ability to integrate teams of varying technical background to provide a seamless operational experience for the customer; demonstrated ability to effectively integrate IT, infrastructure and security Activities within an organization, including change control and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to project long-range IT, infrastructure, and support service requirements (including database administration and design and web services) in conjunction with other managers in the information systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead development of and enforce implementation of processes, standards, and
- Demonstrated ability to handle incidents, events, unplanned outages, in keeping with an established procedure; demonstrated ability to effectively manage responses to complex hardware and software problems.
- Demonstrated ability to address staff issues which arise (coverage, non-fulfillment of duties, ).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience with at least 4 years successful management of all aspects of IT and infrastructure operations support, and security relevant to the NOS environment.
- Experience in support of a Federal IT environment is highly desirable..
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
* Base salary open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com