POSITION: Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) Subject Matter Expert
LOCATION: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
SCOPE: Serves as a Systems Administrator and MECM Subject Matter Expert on a major IT support contract for the Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) at the Aberdeen Test Center (ATC).
- Engineering, configuration, and troubleshooting the MECM Services managed by the ATEC G6 including Test Centers across the ATEC command.
- Developing and implementing administrative and security policies through MECM.
- Monitoring and evaluating systems performance and availability,
- Leading projects in support of upgrades and major systems deployment
- Tier II/III for issues related to MECM
- Troubleshooting issues including root cause analysis, developing and validating solutions, and supporting corrective actions
- Facilitate and guide transition to a pure cloud or hybrid cloud environment.
- Ongoing evaluation of system performance to help shape fine tuning and recommendations for enhancements
- Developing, validating, and deploying scripts to effectively push patches and configuration settings across the ATEC environment to ensure RMF compliance, effective vulnerability management and new
- Customer support and communications.
- Associate’s Degree and 11 years’ experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years’ experience; or combination of 13 years which may include education/specialized training/certifications and/or experience.
- Experience in Enterprise level MECM systems administration including troubleshooting and monitoring
- Experience in resolving complex issues associated with configuration management. resource sharing and basic networking troubleshooting and problem identification.
- Understanding or and experience with vulnerability management and mitigation practices
- Experience developing scripts, and scripting languages, including one or more of Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl.
- Experience with performance tuning, capacity planning and bottleneck resolution,
- Experience managing or working with Windows Server and hybrid environments.
- Experience with and knowledge of issues, strategies, and techniques associated with a hybrid Azure and on prem environment
- Relevant education or certification must be in an IT discipline related to the assigned program area (e.g Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Forensics/Security, etc.).
- Must possess current Security+ (or equivalent DOD Directive 8570.1 IAT II) and at least an Azure Administrator Associate, or Desktop Associate certification, or, preferably, an expert level certification. Position requires a Top-Secret security clearance.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: DoD Secret Clearance
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aberdeen, MD: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you a US Citizen? Citizenship is required to achieve required security clearance.
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org