Job Title: Oracle SQL ETL Developer
Work Location: Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35898
Clearance Level: Active DoD – Secret
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
This position requires the candidate to have or obtain a SECRET Security Clearance before employment can begin. The identified candidate must show proof of being fully vaccinated and complete the DD-3150 upon accepting offer.
SECTION II: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
This position requires 9 years of relevant experience, or 7 years of relevant experience and an Associate’s degree, or 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree.
SECTION III: POSITION DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
A Oracle/SQL ETL Developer supporting Logistics Data Analysis Center (LDAC) will be responsible for compiling processes based on a defined set of design and performance requirements. The developer may be called upon to partner with Business Analysts and/or with customer function managers in the development of requirements. The Developer must ensure that their compiled processes meet or exceed requirements. The candidate should have a working knowledge of the Army’s data and legacy systems, its associated systems, and an understanding of the Army’s concept of Enterprise Data Management.
* Create, maintain and modify routine IBM Info Sphere-based processes and their associated, supporting Oracle-based database components.
* Make approved changes by amending program flow charts, developing detailed processing logic, and coding changes.
* Provide technical analysis and development for applications and programs that will integrate national and field logistics and financial data.
* Recommend and document systemic processing additions or changes to improve the usage of the data across the spectrum of databases and processes.
* Should be able to provide technical analysis in the development, programming, testing, and implementation phases utilizing SQL and a relational database on the back-end.
* Should be able to perform technical assessment of the flowcharts, specifications and logic, input/output requirements from business users, reports, and database design logistical processes.
* Work requires that integration and standardization be considered and incorporated into all customer interface/data exchange analyses and developments.
* Creation and implementation of test plan documentation in support of the Enterprise Data Quality Branch (EDQB) Web Portal, its associated functionality and output reports utilized by the EDQB user base (currently 5,000+ users).
* Apply standard Info Sphere principles and concepts to solve problems of moderate or diverse scope with assistance of senior Info Sphere project team members
* Conduct Info Sphere-based assignments with general supervision by Info Sphere project team members
* Support tasks addressing data delivery problems, automation problems, and Info Sphere process issues
* Develop, control, coordinate, and maintain assigned Info Sphere processes from inception to deployment through the initial EDQB development environment
* Apply standard practices and techniques in assigned Info Sphere projects as described by senior Info Sphere project team members
* Efficiently and effectively write Structured Query Language (SQL) required to support data reviews and data extraction requests with supervision of senior Info Sphere project team members
* Maintain overall understanding of database structure required to support Info Sphere processes as well as those required to display processing results on the EDQB Web Portal
* Maintain knowledge Info Sphere tool suite components and procedures
* Assist peers and lower level team members with on-the-job Info Sphere training
* Interact professionally with EDQB customers and team members on a regular basis
* Adhere to all established policies with regard to security, completion of mandatory training courses and timesheet submission
* Perform other duties as required or assigned
* Must understand U.S. Army Logistics practices, policies and procedures
* Must be proficient with Oracle RDBMS, SQL and Quest TOAD software
* Use of the MS Office Suite of products
* The candidate should be able perform tasks using the Info Sphere Information Server tool set, primarily Info Sphere DataStage.
* Experience with the design of large Oracle database systems, PL/SQL, Packages and Stored Procedures is desired.
* Creation and implementation of test plans for large scale web-based applications
To apply for this job email your details to Huntsville-Jobs@caelum.com