POSITION TITLE: Project Manager II
POSITION SUMMARY: Project Manager for a large multidisciplinary team supporting software development and data management for the Office of Science and Technology in NOAA’s National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS). Work is performed on site at the Government facility in at 1315 East-West Highway, Silver Spring, MD.
Leading multiple, concurrent, web-based, database-driven, custom application development projects within the Office of Science and Technology (OST) in accordance with the mission. Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, support of the following:
- Hands-on participation and facilitation of the full software development life cycle for multiple, concurrent development projects, including primary responsibility for requirements elicitation, definition and documentation
- Extensive involvement in database design and data management planning and implementation
- Definition of project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives
- Development and execution of project communication plans
- Estimation of resource needs to achieve project goals
- Quality control of the projects, including the development of project quality control plans and test plans
- Identification of project dependencies resource allocation issues
- Monitoring and reporting on project milestones and deliverables
- Proactive management of the project scope and change control process, identifying potential risks and devising mitigation and contingency plans
- Coordination of meetings between headquarters and field offices, and travel with project related tasks
- Implementation of a communication strategy to measure progress and broadcast project status to all appropriate personnel
- Facilitation of requirements analysis, design and status meetings to ensure the members in the project team are on the same page and perform towards the same goals
- Coordination to ensure meeting minutes and requirements are captured during meetings
- Coordination with QA staff on testing and deploying applications based on the ST6 policies
- Documentation of all project stages per standards, including:
- Completion of high level project charters
- Completion of detailed project requirements documentation
- Completion of detailed system design documentation
- Completion of user guides and other end-user documentation
- Completion of any other necessary documentation
- Reports to Caelum Team Lead.
- Works closely with the NMFS Federal Branch Chief and senior OST management.
- Matrixed support of and coordination with a variety of domain specialists and Stakeholders both within and external to the OST.
- Minimum B.S. in a technical field or comparable experience
- 4 or more years of combined data architecture and applications development experience.
Position requires a highly technical project manager, capable of complex business and systems analyses, and must ensure that all project related documents are delivered, and user support and operation scenarios are developed and documented. Additional skills and experience required:
- Must have thorough understanding of all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Must have extensive experience managing the full SDLC for web-based, database-driven, custom application development projects
- Must be able to elicit business requirements from business users, develop functional requirements based on the business requirements and produce detailed requirements documentation
- Must have a thorough understanding of and experience working with relational databases, including ability to read, create and modify database models and documentation based on user requirements
- Must have ability to perform and experience in performing data analyses
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must be creative and have the ability to understand and work with complex and abstract concepts
- Must have experience managing client-facing projects and working with end users
- Must have experience managing fast-paced projects with matrix teams
- Experience managing projects involving Oracle and Oracle ApEx technology is a plus
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
* Base salary open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org