POSITION TITLE: Systems Administrator (Mac)
POSITION SUMMARY: Lead Systems Mac Administrator and technical resource for NOAA’s National Ocean Service (NOS) Mac based systems, including configuration management, architecture and troubleshooting. NOS staff uses approximately 100 Mac OS 10 work stations in the Silver Spring headquarters and in field offices around the country. Part of the infrastructure team which supports and manages systems under the purview of the NOS Associate CIO located in Silver Spring, MD.
• Configuration management and execution for NOS Mac systems in support of upgrades, patches and enhancements, including third party applications.
• Supports governance requirements including participation in Change Control Board meetings and NOS Mac Configuration Management Team (CMT).
• Plans, designs, develops, tests, edits, maintains, and documents MacOS baselines
• Tier II/III support for field personnel charged with Mac support.
• Root cause analysis and resolution,
• Plans, Designs, develops, tests, edits, maintains, documents, scripts, and custom applications.
• Also participates in projects and requirements associated on non Mac (Window and Linux) systems as needed and appropriate.
• Configuration and maintenance of a Digital Video Asset Management System based on Mac OS X technology
• Reports to the IT Operations Manager or Contract Program Manager
• Works closely with the other members of the IT Infrastructure Team
• Works with and supports Mac users and junior administrators in Silver Spring and across the country.
• Expert level knowledge of and at least 4 year’s experience with Mac OS
• Experience with MacOS deployment strategies
• Experience and expertise with the following tools:
o Apple Remote Desktop (ARD)
o Jamf Pro
• Experience with Centrify
• Hands on scripting skills using bash or python
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in managing systems in an Active Directory Environment
• Experience with video asset management platforms such as SquareBox, and CatDV is highly desirable.
• Experience with Linux systems administration is highly desirable including
o Use of automation deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
o Proficiency in Perl, Rub, or Bash
• Understanding and experience with the Federal Risk Management Framework is highly desirable
• Federal Experience, particularly with NOAA is highly desirable
• Cloud certification is highly desirable
• Apple ACSP certification is desirable.
• ITIL certification highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of 5 years highly relevant experience
• Hands on IT Operations support or management is highly desirable. .
• Experience in support of a Federal IT environment is highly desirable..
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
* Base salary open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com