Technical Writer I.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Mass Communications, Science or Engineering
This is a wage determined position. See job description in SCA Directory of Occupations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing, writing, and editing material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to document operating procedures and details.
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Review manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions. Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Assist in laying out material for publication.
- Arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material.
- Write speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or plant personnel.
- When required, write material regarding work methods and procedures.
- When required, support test directors/engineers in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to OPS_Army-DCSS@caelum.com