Position/Title: Vice President, Business Development (BD) (Rockville, MD)
KEY WORDS: Government Contracting, Capture Management, Proposal Processes
Direct Caelum’s BD initiatives that provide for the expansion of Caelum’s government contracting business. Develop and conduct development or capture activities to pursue potential business opportunities that will capitalize on and expand Caelum’s capabilities and ensure submitting a high-quality proposal. Networking with industry partners to explore opportunities for priming, joint venture, or subcontracting that would enhance Caelum revenues and profitability.
- Lead/coordinate to develop goals/objectives and business opportunities pipeline.
- Develop/recommend strategies to capitalize on the company’s existing technical strengths and development of new capabilities.
- Lead/coordinate in new business capture and pursuit activities; champion multi-discipline or cross-functional teams in proposal preparation activities.
- Lead the BD activities in reporting, pipeline development, and revenue forecasting.
- Reports to Caelum’s President.
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, and teaming partners.
- Interfaces with Caelum’s other executives and contracts’ managers as needed.
- Provide weekly report and lead weekly BD meeting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate previous successful relevant work and leadership experience.
- In-depth knowledge of contracting acquisition processes.
- General IT knowledge/technical background that helps understanding technical requirements.
- A B.S. in Engineering, Science, Computer Science, or related field is preferred.
- Other advanced study, training, and certification is desirable.
COMPENSATION AND OTHER FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS AT HIRE:
- Base salary is open, depending upon the background and experience of the successful candidate.
- This position is an incentive-oriented position; besides base salary and full fringe benefits, there will be additional incentive compensation IAW the successful candidate’s work performance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The essential functions of this position are in the office environment with the use of computers, and local and occasionally out-of-town travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Caelum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Point of Contact:
Please submit your resume to Careersemail@example.com.
Caelum was founded in 1987. It is currently supporting DoD, NOAA and other Fed agencies with an excellent reputation. Please consult www.caelum.com for more detailed information.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to Careersfirstname.lastname@example.org