Caelum Research Corporation
Position/Title: Financial/Cost Analyst
Position Summary: An exempt position – responsible for the financial/cost analysis activities at Caelum HQ located in Rockville, MD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial/Cost Analysis and Reporting (Project/Dept):
- Track/Analyze project direct costs
- Prepare budgets/forecasts and report variances against actual
- Prepare internal reports to facilitate sound management decisions
- Prepare external project reports in accordance with contract deliverables
- Prepare large customer invoices for responsible projects
- Support pricing activities for both new and existing Task Orders
- Review/Compliance with contractual documents and funding modifications
- Monitor, Analyze and Report contract performance in accordance with government specifications and requirements
- Prepare/Assist contract close-out procedures
- Assist monitor contractual and financial performance to identify and mitigate risks.
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvement
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- At least two years of experience in Federal Government Contracting; experience in all types of contracts (T&M, CPAF, CPFF, and FFP) and cost/price analysis.
- Working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint and Time & Expense, relevant federal regulations, including FAR requirements.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently and work with others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Reports to Caelum’s CFO located at Caelum HQ, Rockville, MD.
- Interfaces on a regular basis externally with customers, vendors, and teaming partners.
- Participate in monthly meetings, and internally interface with other program or project managers, HR, and support group members as needed.
Compensation and Other Financial Considerations at Hire:
- The title is commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experience.
- Base salary is open, depending upon background and experience of successful candidate.
- This position is an incentive-oriented position; in addition to base salary and comprehensive fringe benefits, this position is eligible for incentive compensations directly related to revenues and earnings growth as a result of the candidate’s effort.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Caelum is an Equal Opportunity Employer – does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, military status, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, political preference or disability in employment or the provision of service.
The preceding job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job email your details to FinancialJobs@caelum.com